Saturday, January 17, 2009

Painting Diary Introduction








Art helps me adjust my mind and helps me concentrate. I have always been interested in portraiture in particular.

Steve Bowden has been teaching me the way in which he paints.. in a traditional Dutch style of oil painting..and I'm finding this is really helping me understand more about colour and composition theory.

I finished this portrait of my partner Ben in September 2008 and have just recently entered it in a art prize here in Tasmania. The finished work is 24" x 24" on canvas and was completed in oils.

I'm interested now in creating work so I can build up some courage and approach a gallery. Ideally I want to become a practising artist and spend most of my week painting and creating. Regardless of representation I will continue painting.

1 comment:

  1. You are a good artist, so keep up the good work, and get your work on arthives.com or advertise for a mentor to help through au@artabase.net. So I hope this helps!

    BrB Fellow artist painter.

    ReplyDelete