Monday, February 16, 2009

Appointment.

I was lucky enough to get an appointment with a professional development officer here in Tassie, scheduled for this week.

I have so far typed out 10 questions to ask in regards to

*galleries
*grants
*university
*mentoring
*NAVA membership
*display formats(when approaching a gallery) and
*media kits.




There's colours everywhere! it's completely overwhelming to paint!! I'm actually quite excited about it
....but there's a lot of life that still needs to go into it because the painting is looking a bit flat.

anyway the few days break was really nice and relaxing...needless to say i tried to draw Ben while he was reading but he got fidgety!

I also did a little 4" x 4" painting of a still life consisting of a tall lamp and an embroidery that was hung on the wall....DO NOT use those little canvases(Mont Marte canvas panels)!!! they make it impossible to wipe back colours and really quickly build up this tacky surface.

p.s I want to hire a female model so I can work on a series of nudes..I have no idea who to contact about this (I guess just an ad down at the art school)and I think I might add that to the lists of things to ask about! especially in regards to how much to pay the model per hour.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what your questions were on NAVA, but I urge anyone who is involved in the arts to join NAVA. It's Australia's peak body for the Visual Arts, lobbies the government intensively and needs the backing of all practicing visual artists in this country. Apart from that, membership qualifies you to apply for numberous grants that are administered by NAVA, some of which are relatively easy to gain as an emerging artist. As a bonus, my understanding is that NAVA now has free membership for full time art students.

    ReplyDelete