Wednesday, September 30, 2009

toning a canvas for nightscape painting?

I wasn't 100% certain what was the best colour to tone my canvas for my new nighttime painting...so I ended up going with a deep warm colour. a warm purple-blue-red

it was a mixture of Utramarine Blue and Permanent Rose(a colour I hardly use usually) and a little bit of Idian Red...only a little bit of Indian Red as that stuff is so strong! I used up a lot of oils on toning the ground of the canvas...working into the tooth of the canvas thoroughly..so much so that I will have to take a trip to my art shop soon and stock up on oils.

I know that toning the canvas first will save me a lot of tonal issues later on so it was imortant to get the right colour and I still don't know if it will work out...who knows! painting at night is new for me....new and exciting.

Allison.

No comments:

Post a Comment