Wednesday, January 13, 2010

going back to basics.


I worked on this painting at class last Thursday...was so glad Steve got me to completely look at the dark and the lights again....i had missed it altogether..
I jumped ahead too quickly with my painting without getting the darks and the lights blocked in....definitely an interesting lesson.

instantly the painting had more weight to it..less detail but more life!


still umming and ahhing about what to do about the placement of that mat. I had some comments about the composition, so i will have a look in my art books again and look and examine and think about it some more.

all i had imagined for this painting was lots of warm earthy colours lots of orange and umber!

Allison Lowe.

have to work out the night painting...just have to get mum and the weather lined up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment