Sunday, May 2, 2010

Architectural Drawings- Part 1. Defining Shapes



Catalog of Shapes. Part 1.

I've been thinking a lot about how to start the building design process, I started thinking about colour first...but quickly shifted my focus to shape. After doing some research my favourite architect is Le Corbusier(1887-1965). His shapes were magnificent and so were his painting, sculptures and furniture designs.
My course focuses a lot on the technical aspect of building designs, which is really great but I feel it's not enough to just overlook the overall appearance of a building in some other catagory.....I'd really like to find out how we got here? in terms of architecture..this is such a massive question but I'm slowly scratching flecks aways from the surface of the topic.



p.s I am so messy. How did Techincal drafters ever be creative and neat...Is it even possible to learn?

Allison

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. john.strahan@outdoorlivingdirect.com.au

    Hello, a SEO company has linked my website to yours, and Google needs it to be removed. Could you please remove all links to:

    outdoorlivingdirect.com.au

    At your earliest convenience. I would appreciate a confirmation email by return. Thank you and regards, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. john.strahan@outdoorlivingdirect.com.au

    Hi, A SEO company has posted a link to my website on yours. Google wants it removed please. Can you please remove all links to:


    outdoorlivingdirect.com.au


    as soon as possible. Many thanks for your help. I would appreciate a confirmation email please. Regards John

    ReplyDelete