Saturday, July 10, 2010

Life = Time = Money = so how can I afford to live?

I've really become fixed on the idea that a house shouldn't own you...the bank shouldn't own you.

I really want to design truly affordable houses, the type of house that doesn't cost more than
$70 000 AUD

I want so badly to find ways of building that use less materials and to find a way to convince people to think smaller and more functional when they decide what sized house they would like. Preferably these houses will be made of natural materials.

Not building at all is the most sustainable option really..so if this is the case perhaps I will try to incorporate renovation, and the re-use of materials already in the building and on the land that the house is situated. I have very little money and I want to build a home that has a small footprint so I think I'm in for long days and nights ahead....DIY building is going to a very full-on experience, but why not use a personal project as the first experiment?

Allison.

No comments:

Post a Comment